- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Rwanda is home to nearly 40% of the remaining Mountain Gorilla population in the world. The country is also blessed with magnificent scenery complemented by the Virunga Mountain ranges. The tour focuses on Gorilla trekking in Virunga National Park and also offers an opportunity for a city tour in the capital Kigali.
Arrival in Kigali
You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for an extra cost.
Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport in Rwanda and after finalizing the formalities, you shall be welcomed by your guide who will transfer you to your Hotel. You will relax at the guest house or take a stroll around the calm streets of Kigali City.
Drive to Musanze
After breakfast you will drive to Musanze town near Volcanoes National Park. The journey goes through the beautiful terraced hillsides that show much of Rwanda’s landscape, gradually climbing to the base of the awesome Virunga volcanoes, sometimes with as many as five peaks visible.
After an early breakfast you will get up early and drive to Volcanoes National Park offices for briefing and then set off for Gorilla trekking. A thrilling trek through the refined foothills of the Virungas led by an experienced ranger Guide provides inspiring views in all directions. The rainforest is alive with calls of colorful birds and chattering of the rare golden monkey, and besieged with fresh spoor of the mountains' elusive populations of buffalo and elephant. Gorilla trekking is quite strenuous but a worthwhile on encounter of these gentle giants. Spend time watching gorillas, watch the adults feeding their young ones, brushing and resting as the youngsters play from vines in a pleasurably playful display.
Drive to Kigali and departure
Today, you will drive to Kigali town from Musanze. You will visit the genocide museum as well as have a short city Tour of the capital city. You will also visit a local market and get a chance to purchase souvenirs You will depart for the Airport and take your flight back home.
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits(One per person, non-resident)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
No Details Found