- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
It is an exhilarating trek from Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge through Rwanda's emerald jungle. You watch the scout ahead hack a path with his machete. Then a quiet word from your guide and you see a flash of dark fur against the green. You have found what you are looking for: a troupe of rare mountain gorillas. So similar to humans in so many ways, the mothers gather for a chin-wag, the toddlers gambol and play, exasperating their teen babysitters, all watched over by the great silverback patriarch.
5-Day Rwanda Gorilla Encounter
After landing at Kigali International Airport, a shuttle bus will transfer you to the Kigali Serena Hotel, a modern multi-storey establishment that has everything from a spa and gym to several restaurants and bars. The very comfortable rooms will ensure you have a good night’s sleep after a long-haul flight so that you are well rested to tackle the slopes and jungles of Volcanoes National Park in search of elusive mountain gorillas.
Into the Virunga Mountains
For the next four days, your home is the welcoming Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge in Volcanoes National Park in the Virunga Mountains. The main attraction at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is, of course, the gorillas and you are almost guaranteed a sighting. Mountain gorillas are critically endangered, with only a few hundred left. Trekking is strictly controlled; you need a permit and may only spend an hour with the gorillas. It may be the highlight of your stay but there is much more to do. Try a post-trek massage treatment to ease your muscles and prepare you for your next hike – perhaps to see the mischievous golden monkeys in the wild. There are also treks and hikes to view the volcanoes and their hidden treasures: the Dian Fossey Research Camp, or Mounts Visoke, Muhabura or M'gahinga. Visit Buhanga Sacred Forest, Gishwati Forest or any of the many scenic lakes; you can take a cruise on Lake Bulera. If you are feeling energetic, grab a mountain bike for a fun way to explore the region.
One Last Look
Four days is a short stay but it is long enough to build memories to treasure. Bid your farewells and take your leave of the forest and its enigmatic inhabitants before setting your compass for home.
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits(One per person, non-resident)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinks(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- StartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found