- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
This is a 4 day safari in Congo which starts and ends in Kigali- Rwanda. One Gorilla permit for Kahuzi Biega park is included in the cost. This safari takes you to the Democratic Republic of Congo, another home to the endagered Mountain Gorillas in Africa. Congo DRC has both Lowland and Mountain Gorillas. Lowland Gorillas are found in Kahuzi Biega national park and the critically endangered mountain gorillas are found in Virunga National Park.
Arival in Kigali Rwanda
Arrive at Kigali airport in Rwanda. You will be welcomed by our company safari guide who will transfer you to your Hotel, if you have time, we will enjoy a short city tour of kigali including a visit of Nyamata Genocide memorial. Briefing and Overnight.
Transfer to kahuzi Biega National park
After breakfast at Kigali you will be transferred to Bukavu in Congo the capital city of the South Kivu Province. You will have a stop over in Butare, where you will visit the national museum of Rwanda, the king’s palace in Nyanza, and the Rwanda genocide memorial site. After lunch, continue on a scenic journey to Bukavu with wonderful views of the hills in Rwanda through the tropical forest of Nyungwe National park and a clear view of Lake Kivu, arrival late in the Afternoon and Transfer at your hotel.
Low land Gorillas Tracking
After early Breakfast – transfer by our tourist car to the National Park to begin the trekking. Trekking for 2 to 3 hours in mountainous jungle area of Kahuzi Biega National Park, to find the large lowland gorilla family. The species here are Eastern Lowland Gorilla, very different from the more famous Mountain Gorillas found in the Virunga National Park. Unlike the chimpanzee-like lowland gorillas found in Gabon and Congo Brazzaville, The Kahuzi Biega gorillas are large, about the size of the mountain gorilla, so you definitely won’t be disappointed. Late in the afternoon you will be transferred to Kigali.
Kigali City tour
After breakfast, visit the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Ground, the handicrafts shops, the museum, and many other fascinating places in Kigali. In the afternoon transfer to the airport for departure flight.
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- Gorilla permits(One per person, non-resident)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
No Details Found